got stuck back into prepping the Blue Bitch for paint… Rubbed right back and then 2k hi-fill primer. Spending this weekend doing final wet rub to primer… Going down to 800 think it should be right… Also going to get the Grey Ghost ready for colour too … Although it will be a while before i get to it….
Its been a long time coming but im starting to get stuck back into the restoration as time and money permits..
This weekend ive been restoring the dashboard and Plastics of the car including the centre console. Still a bit to go on the dashpad but it should look a treat once finished.
Its been a while since I have updated the site as there’s been a lot going on over the past year.
B2 car was towed away without warning by the council, as it was parked unregistered on the road (although it had a permit). I was extremely annoyed by this and unfortunately didn’t have the $ they wanted to charge me to reclaim it so i believe it was sold off. NOT IMPRESSED as it was ready to go…
The other cars are currently in storage in a paddock near Horsham (all covered) as we have moved to Ballarat and we are still trying to find a suitable workshop or garage to allow us to work on them and store them.
spent today prepping B2 for Roadworthy.
On inspection i found a fair few small and potentially troublesome spots of bubble rust and a few scratches in the paint down to the metal so we have removed and treated the rust, filled sanded and primed all these small spots today.
new mirrors were fitted and we are finishing up installing the stereo and tidying up the interior, giving it a good clean.
Next weekend weather permitting will look to finish off the paint work on her and get her a roadworthy and registered the following week.
heres some pics of todays work:
Connor and I started getting B2 ready to go on the road today.
1st step is a good wash then a cut and polish which will take a few days to complete
A good scrub of the interior is next on the list for tomorrow
Installing some Sony and Pioneer speakers into the car from Horsham Auto Wreckers along with a Kenwood CD head unit with detachable face.
A new Battery has gone in ready as well
Have a small issue with the Ignition system … it wont start 🙁
I think its a problem with the starter solenoid and a few wacks with a universal screwdriver did not help it along either so may have to get an electrician out to look at it.
all thats left to do now is:
– remove the windscreen and clean out the edge rust
– rub out two small bubble rust spots on the bonnet
– refit the wipers and a new windscreen
– roadworthy and rego
so hopefully will have it on the road to do a few runs during the School Holidays….(money and Weather dependent)
then back onto the Blue Bitch now that the weathers getting better…