Its been a long time coming but im starting to get stuck back into the restoration as time and money permits..
This weekend ive been restoring the dashboard and Plastics of the car including the centre console. Still a bit to go on the dashpad but it should look a treat once finished.
Its been a while since I have updated the site as there’s been a lot going on over the past year.
B2 car was towed away without warning by the council, as it was parked unregistered on the road (although it had a permit). I was extremely annoyed by this and unfortunately didn’t have the $ they wanted to charge me to reclaim it so i believe it was sold off. NOT IMPRESSED as it was ready to go…
The other cars are currently in storage in a paddock near Horsham (all covered) as we have moved to Ballarat and we are still trying to find a suitable workshop or garage to allow us to work on them and store them.
Connor and I started getting B2 ready to go on the road today.
1st step is a good wash then a cut and polish which will take a few days to complete
A good scrub of the interior is next on the list for tomorrow
Installing some Sony and Pioneer speakers into the car from Horsham Auto Wreckers along with a Kenwood CD head unit with detachable face.
A new Battery has gone in ready as well
Have a small issue with the Ignition system … it wont start 🙁
I think its a problem with the starter solenoid and a few wacks with a universal screwdriver did not help it along either so may have to get an electrician out to look at it.
all thats left to do now is:
– remove the windscreen and clean out the edge rust
– rub out two small bubble rust spots on the bonnet
– refit the wipers and a new windscreen
– roadworthy and rego
so hopefully will have it on the road to do a few runs during the School Holidays….(money and Weather dependent)
then back onto the Blue Bitch now that the weathers getting better…
Just had a stroke of luck on eBay ….
and oooohhh it has an intact dashboard 😀
Have to arrange to pick it up now and will add more photos then ….
Ok so B2 hasnt been started for years.,.,. just sitting in a paddock
so i thought id look over everything and see if i could get her started
Checked the radiator and it was full of coolant and no discolouring
Checked the oil and while old and thick no sign of water in it or sludge
checked the plugs, fairly clean, checked in thru the oil filler cap and traces of oil so looked good
so i took of the air filter cover, hooked up a battery, cold cranked it a couple of times, then dropped some fuel in and kicked her over… and VROOM away she went… purring away almost immediately, after a bit of smoke and crap flew out the exhaust…
runs well, clutch responded and changed thru the gears well… took it for a quick short spin up the block and back and it ran really well…
so now onto cleaning her up to get her on the road…
I started cleaning out B1 and B2 this morning to get an idea of what i ended up with…
I now have 3 jacks and wheel braces, all original parts (last week i was trying to buy one….)
I found B1 has a working Factory Original Radio and Cassette Deck – 1979 state of the art!
The next bit was a great find… the original Owners Manual from B1 and other than faded and dog eared cover the book is in near new condition… funny given the condition B1 is in.
I ended up with 3 good useable front guards although the red one has a bit of a hole in the lower panel but is certainly repairable.
I also ended up with a spare radiator in excellent condition, a complete steering column including light and wiper stalks and other odds and ends…
so we picked up B1 and B2 this weekend…
took a lot of effort and a fair amount of travelling to get them home. B1 came home late Saturday night, after we loaded it up in the pouring rain
she’s a bit of a mess but here’s some more pics
B1 has the revolutionary new green grass side protection system…
the engine bay was nice and clean however…
B2 came home today, and was a lot easier to load, after replacing 2 wheels that were flat, and again in the pouring rain. She’s in a lot better nic than B1 on the surface, but i think once we have a good look over her there will be a lot of hidden issues…
here’s some pics
so after a long hard weekend i have a second project car and a parts car and a whole lot of extra parts as well… now i hoped and prayed that B1 had a great dash pad…. it had carpety felt stuck down over it… and when i peeled the edges back it looked good…
so i peeled back some more…
its stuffed 🙁
so while i may be able to possibly reskin this one… i think the search remains…
I needed a parts car… so have been watching on eBay and Gumtree and there hasn’t been any recently.
2 nights ago i thought i would post on Facebook in the local Horsham and Hamilton Buy Swap and Sell groups and see if anyone had any parts or cars for sale.
I was not expecting anyone to respond but i figured why not.
Well I am glad i did I have been able to purchase 2 of them, I am yet to inspect and pick them up (hopefully next weekend) but it looks like I have got a GE or GH, minus its front end panels, and a complete GJ, both yellow in colour hence B1 and B2….
This is B1
here is B2
I will post some more pics up when i go down and pick them up